Aquatic & Event Director
Job Summary and Description
|JOB TITLE||JOB SUMMARY|
|Davis Lake Aquatic & Event Director||To ensure a quality environment and program to all residents of Davis Lake and to represent our community in a professional manner.|
- Average of 30 hours per week whereas it is proposed that you will work an estimated 40 hrs./week during the peak season (April 1-Sept. 30) and 20 hrs./week during the off-peak season (Oct. 1-Mar. 31);
- Provide no fewer than 4 days of office hours totaling one-half of weekly schedule, posted and communicated to the community members, where your presence is required at the Davis Lake Swim & Tennis Club (DLSTC) clubhouse.
- In the first year, it is expected that you will be present for the 3 major holidays of the summer season, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4th) and Labor Day.
- Holidays in which the DLSTC office is CLOSED TO THE COMMUNITY:
MLK Birthday observance President’s Day Good Friday Easter Sunday Thanksgiving and the following Friday Christmas Eve & Christmas Day New Year’s Day
- Manage the clubhouse, which consists of concessions, staff, rentals, maintenance, etc.
- Maintain the DLSTC amenities, which consist of the pool, pump room, exercise room, tennis and pickleball courts, volleyball courts, parking lots, etc.
- Oversee all contractors (maintenance and landscaping crews, pool management, etc.) to ensure quality service for the DLSTC amenity;
- Ensure that utilities and security system are properly maintained and upgraded, when necessary
- Ensure that kitchen inventory is properly managed and maintain accurate records relating to costs and revenues from service kitchen
- Manage all aspects of rentals, from scheduling, issuing contracts, and arranging payments, to securing the property during and after the contracted activity.
- Secure a commitment from a number of people (i.e. DLCA Social Affairs Committee) who will create, arrange, host, and produce budgeted social events for our community, but it is this position’s responsibility to cancel any activity that is not supported by volunteers/helpers
- Update and distribute activity calendar on a regular basis
- Publicize and market all events
- Create new clubs to bring like-minded residents together
- Maintain high level of activity, irregardless of the time of year
- Network with other communities
- Act as liaison to the DLCA Board, community, property management company, pool management, company, vendors, and contractors
- Hire, train, supervise and schedule all DLSTC employees
- Report all current and outstanding issues to the DLCA Board and Property Management on a regular basis
- Attend DLCA Board meetings and community meetings as requested
- Recommend policies relating to the facilities
- Follow budget set by the DLCA Board and recommend revisions as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the DLCA Board